Melky Cabrera returned to ATandT Park on Tuesday for the first time since his 50-game PED suspension with the club last season. How do you think he was received when he stepped into the box for the first time, boos, boos or boos? If you answered “boos,” you’re correct!
What, you think he’d actually get a standing ovation? Please. Anyway, before the game, Cabrera wanted everybody to know how SAWRY he is for letting his team down last season. Even though they went on to win a World Series without him.
“It was an ugly time for me and my family, what happened last year,” Cabrera said via translation from Blue Jays third base coach Luis Rivera. “They were good teammates, they were good people. I’m real sorry for what happened. I regret what happened last year.”
And, via the AP:
“That was an ugly time for me and my family,” Cabrera said in the dugout before batting practice. “I feel very sorry for what happened. I regret what happened. It’s in the past. … That was 2012. Now, it’s 2013 and I’m focused on playing baseball.”